The safety and health of every employee is a high priority. Management accepts responsibility for providing a safe working environment and employees are expected to take responsibility for performing work in accordance with safe standards and practices. Safety and health will only be achieved through teamwork. Everyone must join together in promoting safety and health and taking every reasonable measure to assure safe working conditions in the company, while protecting people and the environment. Emphasis must be placed on ensuring human health, operational safety, environmental protection, quality enhancement and community goodwill. This commitment is in the best interests of our customers, our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
Firestone Trucking, Inc. requires the active commitment to and accountability for EHS from all employees and contractors. Line management has a leadership role in the communication and implementation of, and ensuring compliance with, EHS policies and procedures. We are committed to:
- Protect and strive for improvement of the health, safety and security of our people at all times;
- Eliminate EHS accidents;
- Meet specified customer requirements and ensure continuous customer satisfaction;
- Set EHS performance objectives, measure results, assess and continually improve processes, services and product quality, through the use of an effective management system;
- Plan for, respond to and recover from any emergency, crisis and business disruption;
- Minimize our impact on the environment through pollution prevention, reduction of natural resource consumption and emissions, and the reduction and recycling of waste;
- Reward outstanding EHS performance;
- This company believes that safety starts with proper training;
- We will provide training to all of our employees;
- Employees must help to prevent accidents;
- Housekeeping is everyone’s responsibility;
- Unsafe conditions must be reported immediately to management;
- Safety and health in our company must be a part of every operation. Without question, it is every employee’s responsibility at all levels.
This Policy shall be regularly reviewed to ensure ongoing suitability. The commitments listed are in addition to our basic obligation to comply with Firestone Trucking, Inc. procedures, as well as all applicable laws and regulations where we operate.